Sites to learn latin

By J.M, in 'Speaking Latin', Dec 7, 2018.

1. J.M Active Member

Greetings to all Latin D members,

This is my first time entering this forum and I would like to ask if anyone knows any reliable sites to learn Latin language or if there is any special forum in Latin D i could use to learn latin.

THANK YOU,

J.M
  2. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    I'd say the best way to learn Latin is to just get a textbook (e.g. Wheelock's Latin for a more traditional textbook, Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata (part 1) for something more reading-based, Latin: An Intensive Course for something more intensive, etc.) and start going through it, posting questions in the "Latin Beginners" section of this forum if you're confused by anything. There are also some textbooks online here, under "Latin Textbooks".
    J.M likes this.
  3. J.M Active Member

I think that the best thing is indeed to get a textbook,
    Thank you,
    J.M
  4. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    J.M likes this.
  5. R. Seltza Active Member

On YouTube, there are some helpful channels, such as Latintutorial & Dwane Thomas.
  6. Cinefactus Censor

• Censor
    scorpiomartianus has audio tracks for LLPSI
    J.M likes this.
  7. J.M Active Member

Thanks
  8. Salve fratres! This is one of my first posts, so hello all. Personally, I think one of the best textbooks out there is the original: Donatus' Ars Minor, it's what I used. An English or bilingual copy isn't easy to find so I do, therefore, second Wheelock as a possible alternative. If you happen to be (like myself) a student currently in college your institution might offer it. And those of us on here can always help you with declensions, sentence structure, and so on. Rome wasn't built in a day, but, as Augustus said, it was left made of marble in the end. Your language skills will eventually have the same result, it just takes time and method.
  9. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    Welcome!

(but that should be salvete at the beginning of your post)
    J.M likes this.
  10. Ah, the oversight of a one-track mind trying to think of thirty different things! Ego debeo diligens esse!
  11. J.M Active Member

Brilliant, thank you Vergilius Amanuensis
  12. Matthaeus Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris
    Maybe also fratres atque sorores. There are women here too. :)