Status Thread

By Godmy, in 'Non-Latin Talk', Sep 23, 2017.

1. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    :eek:
  2. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Ye, good luck.
  3. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Time for bed methinks.
  4. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    For me too.
  5. Terry S. flamen

• Civis Illustris
    Best of luck and bring us news of your success!
  6. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    I'm to put my pen down and begin attaching a shower screen in the bathroom. Peace on sunday afternoons should be mandatory, plus I've already done a spot of gardening this morning.
  7. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    "It was at Rome, on the fifteenth of October, 1764, as I sat musing amidst the ruins of the Capitol while the bare-footed friars were singing Vespers in the Temple of Jupiter, that the idea of writing the decline and fall of the City first started to my mind."

Edward Gibbon

And thank the Gods too. He was a wonderful historian and a master of irony. Started on him again a week or so ago. Brilliant.
    Wryly and Matthaeus like this.
  8. Cinefactus Censor

• Censor
    The ides of October.
    Hawkwood likes this.
  9. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Jupiter has finished his ascent and is now setting. I'd love to have a look with a good telescope.
    Godmy likes this.
  10. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Friday at last! Whoever invented the Weekend deserves a Nobel. In seriousness we take them for granted but you won't find the concept in plant and other species, those poor buggers are grafting an endless week.
    Iáson likes this.
  11. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Time to get Gibbon out.
  12. Hawkwood .

• Civis
    Bed, Gibbon. Let's go.
Tags: status