News (Archaeology) Stonehenge built as a symbol of unity

By Pixie, in 'Non-Latin Talk', Jun 30, 2012.

1. Bestiola Praetor

• Praetor
    • Praeco
    It seems that after so many years researchers have managed to find the meaning behind the famous monument. Or at least for the time being.

Tiger, Cinefactus and Akela like this.
  2. Akela viam inveniam

• Princeps Senatus
    A symbol of newly acquired peace... Interesting...

I wonder, if they had any kind of usable tricks for moving the stones or if most of the surviving able-bodied crowd ended up with semi-permanent injuries as a result? *shifty*

This reminds me of that case of a high school (do not remember name of the school or the year it happened) where the officials basically came to a point where they had to either segregate the races or to find a way for them to co-operate. They ended up putting students into mixed race groups to complete mandatory projects. The trick was that a piece of information would only be available to one person in the group, another piece - to someone else, etc.

The task was impossible to complete (or even get a semi-satisfactory grade on) without using the information available to every single member of the group. Thus, true co-operation resulted, changing people's supposedly permanent opinions of each other.

Does anyone know of the case? I could not find the reference...

Anyway, it seems to me like in the case of the Stonehenge, the elders gave their people a similar task, with a similar goal - to produce co-operation, and thus a more lasting peace.
  3. Adrian Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Akela, here are some links where you can find information on how was Stonehenge built