Thermonius et Horatio

By Anonymous, in 'Latin to English Translation', Sep 27, 2006.

1. Anonymous Guest

Thermonius et Horatio, frater et frater, geminati, ita suum oppidum rudum esse uiderunt et dixerunt ut populus Cannaricus eorum oppidum ortu, nec eis uiris locutus est nec aspexerunt. Nostri uiri, igitur, oppidum et populum reliquerunt... Primo in Siluam Albam ierunt ubi inueniebatur prouocatum primum....... Silua inuasa Alba, fratres sub arbores ambulabant magnis cum animis et iam uirides itatu.

Ad dextram riuus, ad sinistram saltus amoenus siti sunt.
  2. Anonymous Guest

plus this...

futuaris lupo, tu stulte stercorem consumans
  3. Anonymous Guest

futuaris lupo, tu stulte qui cum sorore materque merdae consumans coit.

Just for reference... A friend of mine wrote all of the above... so I want to know what it means...

Thanx
  4. Cato Consularis

• Consularis
    Re: Thermonius et Horatio translation help

This is fairly poor Latin; I'm trying to make the best of it...

"Thermonius and Horatio, brother and brother, twins, saw their town was very crude (perhaps this should be rudis?) and they said that the dog-like people (Cannaricus?) who had arisen (assuming typo ortu=ortus?) in their town (?) neither spoke to these men nor did they look at them (very iffy here; not sure why verb numbers would change between locutus est and aspexerunt). Our men therefore left the town and the people...First they went into the White Forest where a first challenge (?) was found...After the White Forest had been attacked, the brothers walked under the trees (wrong case ending?) with great hearts and then green (itatu is not a Latin word; can't even guess here...)."

On the right was situated a river, on the left a pleasant spring.

Some friend; I hope he wasn't saying this to you: "May you be f**ked by a wolf, you s**t-eating fool."
  5. deudeditus Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    :shock:
  6. Iynx Consularis

• Consularis
    I dunno; it seems to me that obscenities just don't have the same punch when they're in the passive subjunctive.