Through Knowledge, Eternity.

By AlvinT, in 'English to Latin Translation', Mar 19, 2019.

1. AlvinT New Member

Hello !

I am looking for the phrase "Through Knowledge, Eternity" to be translated.

I'm writing a short story (nothing grand, just something I like to do in my free time) in which one of my characters is from an old family obsessed (sometimes to the point of insanity) with the idea of immortality.

As such, pretty much every member of this family has tried to achieve immortality, either literally -through questionable research and the study of the natural world- or in a more metaphorical way -by having their work leave a mark on the world, one that would survives them-.

So I'm trying to devise a motto for this family that would illustrate their fixation : "Through Knowledge/Science, Eternity", meaning that they seek, through their research and knowledge, to grasp not only immortality but eternity.

Of course, if you have a better phrase for this family or know an idiom that would fit them, that would be great as well !

Thank you for your help !
    Last edited by AlvinT, Mar 19, 2019
  2. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    per scientiam, aeternitas.
    Bitmap likes this.