Mediaeval Two epigrams by Ennodius

By Stefanie VDS, in 'Latin to English Translation', Aug 26, 2017.

1. Stefanie VDS New Member

I'm working on my thesis, and I need a translation of three epigrams by fifth century bishop and poet Ennodius. I found a translation, but I'm not really feeling confident using it, and my own knowledge of Latin is a bit too scrappy to put together a proper translation myself. I'll give both the translation I found and the possible one I came up with.

Vir facie, mulier gestu, sed crure quod ambo,
    jurgia naturae nullo discrimine solvens,

es lepus, et tanti conculcas colla leonis.

Found translation:
    Your face is masculine, your gestures feminine, but your thighs are both.
    You resolve an opposition in nature by negating the difference.
    You are a rabbit and trample the neck of a great lion.

My translation:
    I felt pretty ok about this one, but I thought instead of "negating" it could be "ignoring"? I'm not sure.

Respice portentum permixtu jure creatum,

communis generis, satius sed dicitur onmis.

Found translation:

Look at this monster created by promiscuous rule of common gender or, rather, of all genders.

My translation:

Look at this monster fairly created by entanglements
    A common gender, or better said, all genders.
    (I have no idea if this is in any way ok, but I didn't feel confident in the found translation at all?)

I would love some help figuring this out (and if the found translations are perfect and I'm just paranoid because my latin is so bad, I'd like to know.)
    Thanks in advance!