We will survive, and hearing silence we'll smile

By HeroSlayer, in 'English to Latin Translation', Aug 13, 2012.

1. HeroSlayer New Member

An excerpt from one of my favorite songs that I'm planning on getting as a tattoo. Used in the context of overcoming difficulties and the negative wishes of detractors and in a sense revelling in the silence of your victory. Let me know if any more information is needed. Thanks!
  2. Imber Ranae Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Nos supererimus, et silentium audientes subridebimus.
    Nikolaos likes this.
  3. HeroSlayer New Member

Thank you! I was curious about the technicalities of "audientes" vs "audientis". I'm still fuzzy on nominative vs genitive, but are we just using "audientes" because it's... plural?
  4. Nikolaos schmikolaos

• Consul
    Yes, but the singular equivalent would be audiens, not audientis, which means "of the hearing person". But, most of the words in the phrase would have to be changed if you used audiens.
  5. HeroSlayer New Member

I'm prefectly fine with "audientes". Just attempting to show off my lack of Latin knowledge. :D Thanks, y'all!
Tags: tattoo