What does “laridum” in this sentence mean?

By LinguasDisco8, in 'Latin to English Translation', May 28, 2019.

1. LinguasDisco8 New Member

What is the translation of the following Latin sentence? What does the word laridum mean here?
    Puer ludens in ludo latet in latebris laridum.
  2. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. laridum neither makes sense grammatically (unless I consider it some kind of plural genitive) nor semantically (laridum means "lard").
    The rest of the sentence would be "playing in a game (or 'at school' depending on the context), the boy is lurking in a hiding place (or 'hiding places' to be very precise).
  3. LinguasDisco8 New Member

Thank you very much for the quick response. The sentence above is just a shortened version of the original sentence which is:
    Puer clarus laete ludens in ludo cum parentibus amicisque latet in latebris laridum.

Does the original sentence not make sense as well?
  4. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Not to me ...
  5. AoM nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris
    Supposed to be lapidum?
  6. Bitmap Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    lapidum would make sense ... "hiding places of stones" (i.e. he hid behind stones)