and yet our heart formed inside of that passion

AspiringComposer

This might be a little more confusing. It is very important that "heart" is not plural but is possessive to two people. "Passion" is referring to an engulfing of feelings.. like a fire. If there is a word for passion that could also be used for fire that would be perfect. "inside of" can be substituted for words like "because" or "under" if necessary. Thank you!

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Would be "illo". And maybe "formed" here is past simple.

AspiringComposer

I am having a hard time discerning between the "u" and a "v" in the latin phrase you have given me. Could you help me with that? Thank you for your translation!

Laurentius, are you giving a different translation for "formed"? Your response was a bit confusing

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Maybe autem would be better between cor and nostrum. But in fact I think that "but yet" needs something stronger than autem. Like attamen (to be put in first position).

Attamen cor nostrum in ardore illo formatum est.

Abbatiſſæ Scriptor

Senex

• Civis Illustris

Yes, there was an imply'd 'eſt'.
The Engliſh was active in form, but ſeem'd to me to have an eſſentially reflexive or middle voice ſenſe, ſo I meant 'formatum' as a perfect participle. Then again, having miſtaken the gender of 'ardor', I ſhould probably juſt go hide.:D

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Then again, having miſtaken the gender of 'ardor', I ſhould probably juſt go hide.:D
You didn't mistake its gender, it's masculine, but you failed to make ille agree with ardore in the ablative.

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Yes, there was an imply'd 'eſt'.
The Engliſh was active in form, but ſeem'd to me to have an eſſentially reflexive or middle voice ſenſe, ſo I meant 'formatum' as a perfect participle. Then again, having miſtaken the gender of 'ardor', I ſhould probably juſt go hide.:D
Happens!