You know you're a Latin junkie when...

Verus Sum

When you see a teenager in a hoodie on the bus with the tattoo "IAM EMO" on his wrist and spend the entire journey wondering why he has written "Now, I buy" in Latin.
Now that I know ēmī is "I bought", I will never think of people called Amy in the same way.

When you watch Deep Space Nine and realise the likely origin of the name "Dabo Girl" ...does the writer know Latin? ;)

When you catch a bit of The Borgias on TV and are ecstatic that you know the new Pope has two testicles and a penis before someone says it in English...

Meletus

I hadn't actually thought of the "Dabo Girl" thing, but now I will never be able to forget. Mostly, however, I just imagine that Romulans speak latin natively in the most curious case of parallel evolution in the Alpha Quadrant.

That said, I know I am a Latin junky when I've been reading Latin for too long and need a moment to respond to my girlfriend in our native language.

Operarius

You're a Latin junkie when you think, "bene", instead of, "good". And then have a mental conflict about English's colloquial use of "good" as an adverb.

You also know you're a junkie when your Latin books are never on your bookshelf, but instead on the pillow next to you when you fall asleep, kitchen counter as you cook, in your bag when you're out...

malleolus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

You're a Latin junkie when...

you speak to your kids in Latin and they can answer you in Latin.:)
but then start whispering "(s)he is having one of her episodes again..."

malleolus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

My sons are most fluent in the swearing department.

Tomer

When you see a teenager in a hoodie on the bus with the tattoo "IAM EMO" on his wrist and spend the entire journey wondering why he has written "Now, I buy" in Latin.

(For the record, after a great deal of contemplation I've come to the conclusion that he was identifying himself as an emo, but he could be a hidden savant of Latin)
That's heavy... :p

(sums up much of the current era. It does not only mean you're a Latin junkie, but also that you're quite beneficially anachronistic)

Ealdboc Aethelheall

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

When you wish you could play Oblivion or Skyrim in Latin. It would certainly put the finishing touch on playing an Imperial!

Aescleah

When go to work every night with a bag of books so heavy you hurt your back and have to replace it with a bag with wheels on it so you can study at work

Ashley

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

When go to work every night with a bag of books so heavy you hurt your back and have to replace it with a bag with wheels on it so you can study at work

Ashley
Good thing about rolling backpacks (good rolling backpacks are quite inexpensive).

Decimvs

Aedilis

• Aedilis

When you wish you could play Oblivion or Skyrim in Latin. It would certainly put the finishing touch on playing an Imperial!

I love those games. In Skyrim, I give my weapons and armor Latin names.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Pablo222

..cum conoris discere linguam quae pauci loquitur hodie. Q: (I am a beginner.) Should the relative pronoun here be in the accusative? Thanks.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

..cum conoris discere linguam quae pauci loquitur hodie. Q: (I am a beginner.) Should the relative pronoun here be in the accusative? Thanks.
It should actually be ablative, because you speak 'in' a language or 'by means of' a language in Latin.

Also: conaris / loquuntur