Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Click "comment" on the right.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I don't have that option. Maybe I need to have posted a certain number of times or some similar trick before I get those privileges.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

What browser are you using? You seem to have problems with several of the reply functions.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Outlook Explorer - I think.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Hmm, I've never used Explorer on here. Maybe try Firefox? That one works for me.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Hmm, I've never used Explorer on here. Maybe try Firefox? That one works for me.

I'm trying it with Chrome now, and the 'quote' function is working, but still no 'comment' button on 'profile posts'. What is Firefox?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I've just tried in IE, and although it's a very old version, because I rarely use it, it gives me the Comment feature. So that's not it.

But I'm amazed that anyone is still using IE. I'd recommend Terry to try Firefox or Chrome, if only for the ad blockers. Your internet will be transformed.

Edit: Firefox is another browser, like Chrome. You can download it from https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

But I'm amazed that anyone is still using IE. I'd recommend Terry to try Firefox or Chrome, if only for the ad blockers. Your internet will be transformed.

I might stick with Chrome for a bit. Be not amazed. The college I work in doesn't provide the best resources for staff. I have a better computer at home, and that is saying something, coming as it does from a technophobe!

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I believe that you have enough posts for conversations and profile posts, but please use Chrome or Firefox (or if you have access to an Apple device, Safari).

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

The 'comments' button has now appeared both in Chrome and in Outlook Explorer. I guess the threshold was thirty posts.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

You can always ask the IT services department to allow the computers to have Firefox or Chrome installed. You can tell them that Firefox and Chrome are much more secure than Internet Explorer (which is very true).

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

In my experience, IT departments that insist on IE are completely impervious to reason.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Replying to you both, that's about it - impervious to reason. Also, if I make suggestions the reply will be, "You stick to your job and we'll stick to ours!"

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

You need to make at least 25 posts outside the Games subforum before you can reply to a profile post.

Status
Not open for further replies.