Honoring our fallen

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Oh yes. So "honorare eos qui ceciderunt"?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

That's grammatically correct for "to honor/honoring those who fell" (not saying that "to honor" is a purpose as in "(we do this) to honor those who fell", nor saying that anyone is honoring those who fell as in "(we are) honoring those who fell", but simply naming the concept of honoring those who fell, as in a sentence like, say, "to honor/honoring those who fell is the right thing to do").

Suggestions closer to the original request were given previously.

Si je puis

noun adjectives and the same difference.

Walking is difficult. Walking is a gerund like no smoking. Latin could just say the "walking-ones" or the "smoking-ones" in ways that English can't. No smoking in English in Latin could be No smoking-ones. One of the smoking-ones allowed, etc.

The walking-ones overcome since walking can be difficult.

"to honor the fallen", if it were only up to me, would be "'in memoriam pace casibus". Casibus is how i'd translate "casualties" which for Enlish etymology derives from the Latin way of saying the fallen. i'd add the word "pace", with peace, since that sort of sentiment has religious overtones.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

No, to say "walking is difficult" you would say "ambulare difficile est". Not "ambulans difficile est". You should see Pacifica's guide on gerunds vs present participles vs gerundives vs infinitives in the Grammar Tips sub-forum.

"Casibus" means "to/with, etc. the accidents/chances, etc.". It's from "casus, casūs, fall, overthrow; chance/fortune; accident, emergency, calamity, plight; fate;
grammatical case; termination/ending (of words);".
Perhaps not the form you were looking for.
Your phrase would translate as "into memory with peace to the calamities."

Si je puis

None of the smoking-ones allowed as much as there is "no smoking". Non fumantes. Then you could make statements about the ones who don't smoke starting from non "fumans, fumantis". or the ones who do smoke, "fumans, fumantis, fumantum, fumantibus" etc.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

"Non fumantes" is not a grammatically correct Latin sentence.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

True. But either way the sentence about "walking is difficult" cannot be translated with a participle.
I'd say the best translation of "No Smoking" is "noli fumare" (do not smoke).

Si je puis

Acts 19:2 dixitque ad eos si Spiritum Sanctum accepistis credentes at illi ad eum sed neque si Spiritus Sanctus est audivimus. Credentes starts out as a participle, but they could start using it as noun later to refer to believers.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I understand that. But a gerund refers to "the act of believing", or "the act of walking". Participles refer to "people who believe" or "people who walk". Thus "walking is difficult", or "the act of walking is difficult" calls for a gerund. Since the nominative of a gerund is the infinitive, you would say "ambulare difficile est".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis