As the mother, so is her daughter

RawrsUF

I was attempting to translate "As the mother, so is her daughter" because my mother and I are doing a mom daughter tattoo and figured I'd make mine latin since I am taking latin in university.

I had talked with my Latin professor but he was not sure exactly how to translate it, what I have translated so far is - Sicut mater ita eta filia eius .. figured I would turn to you guys for some help

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Eta isn't correct. Maybe you mean et, in which case the translation isn't wrong, but I'm not sure it's best. I would prefer qualis mater, talis et filia.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Confirm.

RawrsUF

Thanks,

My professor emailed me last night after I had asked him and he says "Sicut mater ita filia"

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I can't say it's necessarily wrong, but I still prefer my version.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Either works, so it might depend on whether you want to invoke or avoid the reference from the Vulgate (Ezechiel): Ecce omnis qui dicit vulgo proverbium, in te assumet illud, dicens: Sicut mater, ita et filia eius.

erikagogo

Eta isn't correct. Maybe you mean et, in which case the translation isn't wrong, but I'm not sure it's best. I would prefer qualis mater, talis et filia.
What would "as the father so is his daughter" be translated to Latin? Please and thank you :)

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

Replace mater with pater.