Homework Education Solutions Worldwide

kaygis

Is "educationem claves gentium" a correct translation for something like "education solutions worldwide"?
Need an advice for my homework! Thank you for your kind assistance!

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Hmm.....this doesn't look like homework.
Could you give us a complete sentence? (The exact answer depends on the grammatical function of the words).

kaygis

yes, it is for a homework, sir.
it should sound like "answers to the requests for education everywhere in the world"
thank you for your interest

a kind gentleman recommended "solutiones questionum scholsticorum per orbem terrarum" as a translation. sounds very correct I guess.

Ater Gladius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

It should be "solutiones questionum scholasticarum per orbem terrarum," but this can mean "solutions to scholarly questions" among other things.

I find it extremely weird to have this sort of phrase for homework.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I find it extremely weird to have this sort of phrase for homework.
Etremely weird indeed, because it is extremely difficult to translate into Latin, and Latin homework tends to be about easier or at any rate more "Latin-friendly", so to speak, stuff.

I'm not satisfied with solutiones quaestionum scholasticarum per orbem terrarum, but now how could the idea be rendered, hmmm...?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

No, it doesn't work. It would mean that requests concerning education would be given as answers by all the universe.

Albertus Castella

It could mean that, how about this: petitones a toto mundo de educando respondebuntur? Good catch though, thanks!

The original request is vague, does he intend to signify requests from everywhere in the world or answers from all over the world?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It could mean that, how about this: petitones a toto mundo de educando respondebuntur? Good catch though, thanks!
I see what you've tried to do with the word order, but the same problems remain. To convey unambiguously that the requests come from all the world (as opposed to the answers being given by all the world), it would be better to apply a genitive to petitiones. The second major problem is that petitiones respondebuntur means that requests will be given as answers, not that answers will be given to requests. For the latter meaning, petitiones should be in the dative, and respondebuntur should be turned into a singular impersonal passive. So, petitionibus totius mundi de educando respondebitur would fix the grammar/overall meaning, though I'm not sure the vocabulary is optimal. Orbis would probably be better than mundi. As for "education", the best word depends on what sort of education is meant. If it's education as in learning, doctrina might be better.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

A bit, but well. My own attempt at roughly rendering the idea was much shorter. I posted it in Garritus because since this was claimed to be homework (although it looks really strange as homework, so I have doubts) I wasn't sure it was OK to post it here, but now I guess I might as well:

Doctrinam toto orbe iuvamus.

Which means "we support education (as in learning, school...) worldwide".