Quid sum? (What am I?) Latin writing game

B

Bitmap

I thought that was what you had in mind. Do aedes, in the sense of "house", actually contain several aedes, in the sense of... can aedis mean a house-part?

I thought aedis was originally some kind of room.

B

Bitmap

Seems so, though it isn't common. The OLD mentions two examples of it meaning "room/apartment".

Well, yes, I don't know how many citations you will find for the meaning "room" or "apartment", but the meaning of "house" for the plural comes from the idea that it is something that consists of many rooms.

john abshire

• Patronus

Well, yes, I don't know how many citations you will find for the meaning "room" or "apartment", but the meaning of "house" for the plural comes from the idea that it is something that consists of many rooms.
if it is my turn, I have one.
partem floris velique sum.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

if it is my turn
It isn't really. The turn is taken by the person who answered the previous riddle, who in this case is Dantius. Since it's been some time, though, and it doesn't seem like he's inspired to post, it's OK if you step in.
partem floris velique sum.
Pars floris velique es. Hum. Nescio quid sis.

john abshire

• Patronus

It isn't really. The turn is taken by the person who answered the previous riddle, who in this case is Dantius. Since it's been some time, though, and it doesn't seem like he's inspired to post, it's OK if you step in.
Pars in place of partem, (I forgot predicate nominative), but I think sum is right? I meant, “I am a part of a flower and (of) a sail.”

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yes, of course. I was saying "you are..." addressing you.

john abshire

• Patronus

Nomen floris partis est commune

B

Bitmap

I thought a mast was a malus in Latin ... which I don't think is part of a flower o_O