"Φίλιππος" Latinised spelling and scansion

AVGVSTA

Quantum superposition between future and antiquity
Salvete omnes
I'm just curious how the name Φίλιππος would be Latinised. Would it be Philippus? Or simply Philipus? Or would there be a double "l" instead of a double "p" as some anglicised versions have it i.e. Phillipus?
I'm making a fuss over these little things because I want to find a metrically equivalent pseudonym for someone by that name. They anglicise it as Philip, but I just want to make sure.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

AVGVSTA

Multias gratias!!!

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Notice too that Philippus will have a different pronunciation than Φίλιππος... Philippus is stressed on the -lip-, while Φίλιππος on the Φί. It happens a lot in convertions of names from Greek to Latin.

AVGVSTA

Thank you so much, I'd definitely keep that in mind. I guess it happens so much in conversions cuz Latin doesn't do the persistent accent thingy.

Also, I know this is a totally different question but meisenimverbis's reply reminded me of it.

Do you enunciate the ictus when reading Latin poetry out loud or do you enunciate the natural stress? I know meter doesn't depend on stress, but stress impacts the sound of the poem. For me, ARma viRUMque caNO and ARma viRUMque CAno are quite different on the ear.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

The scholarly consensus is that you enunciate the natural stress. Personally I think this sounds best as well... Bitmap would disagree though.

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I don't read poetry much I admit. In prose I have to go with natural... But you're probably right in what concerns poetry.

I find it difficult to differenciate long vowels in my speech. I wish I had people to speak with and practice to perfect.

I'd think it to be more like "árma virúmque cánoo", but to do the cánoo is a hard thing to me. Most times the cá- sounds longer than the -noo, or that's the perception I have.