ἔπαιρε σεαυτόν· καιρὸς γάρ ἐστι βαδίζειν πρὸς τὸν ἀγρόν

SpeedPocok5

ἔπαιρε σεαυτόν· καιρὸς γάρ ἐστι βαδίζειν πρὸς τὸν ἀγρόν

in this sentence i don't know that: "καιρὸς γάρ ἐστι βαδίζειν πρὸς τὸν ἀγρόν" this means: so it's the time to walk to the field

the word "to" in english, where it is in the ancient greek text?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I suppose in your native language — Portuguese, I think? — you would add some word to the infinitive here, something like de or a (? I don't know Portuguese but in French and Spanish something like that would be used). In Greek (and Latin for that matter) infinitives are used alone, they don't take prepositions (usually).

SpeedPocok5

I suppose in your native language — Portuguese, I think? — you would add some word to the infinitive here, something like de or a (? I don't know Portuguese but in French and Spanish something like that would be used). In Greek (and Latin for that matter) infinitives are used alone, they don't take prepositions (usually).
my native language is spanish but i study french, and yes i asked because we use a "de" before and it's a bit confusing because latin don't take prepositions with the infinitives like you said.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

my native language is spanish
Ah, yes, I now remember you posting some translations in Spanish. I don't know why I thought Portuguese. Well, I think we've got one or two Brazilians on here and I suppose I just got confused.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

i study french
That's my native language, BTW, and some other forum members know it too, so you can post about French in the "Other Languages" subforum should you have any questions.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

In Greek (and Latin for that matter) infinitives are used alone, they don't take prepositions (usually).
I should add that in Greek they can take prepositions when they are used with the article, but it's entirely something else than the construction we've got here, and perhaps you haven't learned of the use of Greek infinitives with the article yet.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I should add that in Greek they can take prepositions when they are used with the article, but it's entirely something else than the construction we've got here, and perhaps you haven't learned of the use of Greek infinitives with the article yet.
He appears to be using the Athenaze textbook based on the sentences he's posted. If so, infinitive with the article definitely hasn't appeared at this point.