ὁ γὰρ λιμὸς τῷ ἀγρῷ ἀνδρὶ ἕπεται, ὥσπερ λέγει ὁ ποιητής·

SpeedPocok5

the first part of this sentence (red) i don't know how can it be translated, i don't get de message.

Hemo Rusticus Pacifica

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

the first part of this sentence (red) i don't know how can it be translated, i don't get de message.
Your whole problem are 2 letters, it's not ἀγρῷ but ᾱ̓ργῷ = pigrō(dat.) (can I speak Latin to you? :) )

= Famēs enim virum pigrum sequitur.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Adeo uerbum ἕπομαι Graece gubernat casum datiuom (ἕπεσθαί τινι = 'aliquem sequi')

La palabra ἕπομαι rige el dativo en griego.

SpeedPocok5

Your whole problem are 2 letters, it's not ἀγρῷ but ᾱ̓ργῷ = pigrō(dat.) (can I speak Latin to you? :) )

= Famēs enim virum pigrum sequitur.
yes! you can! what do you mean with "it's not ἀγρῷ but ᾱ̓ργῷ" ?

Adeo uerbum ἕπομαι Graece gubernat casum datiuom (ἕπεσθαί τινι = 'aliquem sequi')

La palabra ἕπομαι rige el dativo en griego.
Gratias tibi ago! :)

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

yes! you can! what do you mean with "it's not ἀγρῷ but ᾱ̓ργῷ" ?
Well, can't you see the difference? In the latter there is rho followed by gamma, in the former there is gamma followed by rho, it's different words altogether. One means field (ager), the other means lazy (iners/piger). That's what I mean ;)

SpeedPocok5

Well, can't you see the difference? In the latter there is rho followed by gamma, in the former there is gamma followed by rho, it's different words altogether. One mean field (ager), the other means lazy (iners/piger). That's what I mean ;)

oh! thanks! so it means lazy! i wrote it in a bad form!