Inspirational “(We/I shall) be the defender/s of truth.

My translation is “Semper defensor veritatis sum”/“semper defensores veritatum sunt”. I would appreciate if you could provide some corrections or advices for improvement of the translation.

Hi,

The "I" version: in perpetuum defensor veritatis ero. (Assuming it's for you, a male?)

The "we" version: in perpetuum defensores veritatis erimus.
Thank you a lot! I never thought you have already translated it for me when I was still thinking about my translation.

the original word in Chinese is a imperative Sentence. Do you have any idea of the translation for imperative (without subject)?
Thank you

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Both of your sentences are grammatically correct, however they have slightly different meanings from the English ones provided in your first post.

Semper defensor veritatis sum means "I am always the defender of truth" and semper defensores veritatum sunt means "they are always the defenders of truths".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

the original word in Chinese is a imperative Sentence. Do you have any idea of the translation for imperative (without subject)?
"Forever be the defender of truth" (singular imperative): in perpetuum defensor veritatis esto.

"Forever be the defenders of truth" (plural imperative): in perpetuum defensores veritatis estote.

CD5CF54D-0374-41C9-A408-8240EE5FA6EF.jpeg

Ironically speaking I can’t find a English word for the original “those who can defend and fulfill the duty of protection”, but Latin word defensor perfectly catches the original meaning. :)

Both of your sentences are grammatically correct, however they have slightly different meanings from the English ones provided in your first post.

Semper defensor veritatis sum means "I am always the defender of truth" and semper defensores veritatum sunt means "they are always the defenders of truths".
Thank you again. The plural truths was my mistake of declension :(