…& verbis tuebatur patruus meus magnus bonae memoriae, Dominus Thaddeus mac Bruodin, seu de Broudin.

Bruodinus

Hello,
below is my very rough translation of a statement in Latin.
Can anybody please offer a better translation?

…& verbis tuebatur patruus meus magnus bonae memoriae, Dominus Thaddeus mac Bruodin, seu de Broudin, Darij filius, Dominus de Monte Scoti.
[My great-uncle master Thaddaeus Mac Broudin, or the Bruodin, of well-considered words of good memory [was the] son of Darius, proprietor of Mount Scott].

Batavus_II

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The context can be found here. It's from a work called Propugnaculum catholicae veritatis.

De hac divisione magna sed inutilis, fuit ante 50. annos controversia inter Momonienses, & Ultonienses. Momoniensium partes scriptis, & verbis tuebatur patruus meus magnus, bonae memoriae, Dominus Thaddaeus mac Bruodin, seu de Bruodin, Darij filius, Dominus de Monte Scoti.

This could be translated as:

Concerning this division, fifty years ago there was a major but useless controversy between the people of Munster and those of Ulster. The cause of the people of Munster was defended through writings and (spoken) words by my great uncle of good memory, Sir Thaddaeus mac Bruodin, or “of Bruodin”, son of Darius, (and) Lord of Mons Scoti.