1990s

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Surrounded by Glaswegians? I thought that only happened in Corby!

Adrian

Civis Illustris
90s - Angelina Jolie was young and "all natural"
Angelina-Jolie-Young-in-Bikini-11-724x1024.jpg

90s - Kim Basinger had lovely curly blond hair
kim.jpg

Surrounded by Glaswegians? I thought that only happened in Corby!
My partners family are down a lot. The builder making my hole (into room) also hails from glasgow originally. Last night he said that when he went back one time he asked for pop (somewhere) and he was called a puff. I think he then said they call it ginger. I will ask my partner's mom tonight.

I'm quite good on my scottish accents and tend to always punt at their location when I hear them speak, hence lots of chats on scottish twangs.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
1991 - the most handsome metrosexual English football player begins his carrer at Manchester United

5360f86faf3a0171189bb31ab91dc7a2.jpg

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I have nothing but fond memories of the nineties. But since then, in an era of endless innovation, innovation has run away from me. Innovation is the future, not the past. The past is dead. And what's left is the future of the past.

The future is the past. In my view, the future doesn't just contain more innovation in computers, cars, or consumer electronics, it also contains more innovation in all other domains of living. What I mean by this is that the future is a bigger place, more complex, with many more problems to solve, and all more interesting. So the future may not just hold more interesting problems, it also holds more interesting solutions - and as I often say, a future with fewer problems means less opportunity for solving those problems.

That's the future of technology. The future is the past. To continue this path we have to think in terms of a greater system. It's not just about the individual, it's also about what society means for each individual.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

... granted, the first season started in 12/89, but most of it was shown in 1990 :p (and they came to Germany only later)
What, the Simpsons are almost as old as me?!
I have nothing but fond memories of the nineties. But since then, in an era of endless innovation, innovation has run away from me. Innovation is the future, not the past. The past is dead. And what's left is the future of the past.

The future is the past. In my view, the future doesn't just contain more innovation in computers, cars, or consumer electronics, it also contains more innovation in all other domains of living. What I mean by this is that the future is a bigger place, more complex, with many more problems to solve, and all more interesting. So the future may not just hold more interesting problems, it also holds more interesting solutions - and as I often say, a future with fewer problems means less opportunity for solving those problems.

That's the future of technology. The future is the past. To continue this path we have to think in terms of a greater system. It's not just about the individual, it's also about what society means for each individual.
LOL

"a future with fewer problems means less opportunity for solving those problems"

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
1993 saw the production of The Sandlot, whence the mawkish catch-all response:
You're killin' me, Smalls.

Incidentally, Bitmap, I see the sign says 'Trabant' at the end of that scene. I suppose the same manufacturer maybe made carts for the rides at fairs?

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I have nothing but fond memories of the nineties.
Likewise my friend. Likewise.:)

In 1991 Tom Morello* met Zack de la Rocha. Since then music was never the same.

*saw some youtube videos of Tom Morello discussing his guitar techniques. Also read some articles about him. The guy is hands down a virtuoso of electric guitar.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
My partners family are down a lot. The builder making my hole (into room) also hails from glasgow originally. Last night he said that when he went back one time he asked for pop (somewhere) and he was called a puff. I think he then said they call it ginger. I will ask my partner's mom tonight.
Ginger it is! Look up Frankie Boyle's gag about the Englishman asking for lager and lime in a Glasgow pub, only to be told that they don't serve cocktails.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
1991 Mark Wahlberg founded Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
their single Good Vibrations became an instant hit

Adrian

Civis Illustris
12 July 1998 Stade de France , Saint-Denis, France

France won with Brazil 3:0; Zizou chosen player of the match

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
13 July 1998
Bitmap was pronounced the winner of his school's betting game by predicting France to win the WC before the tournament.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
12 July 1998 Stade de France , Saint-Denis, France

France won with Brazil 3:0
I didn't know that had actually happened on my birthday.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
13 July 1998

Bitmap was pronounced the winner of his school's betting game by predicting France to win the WC before the tournament.
Just curious… was that a lucky guess from your side or some sort of sophisticated mathematical-chess propability-theory algorithm.