All I can in You

A

Anonymous

i would like to know how to say "All I can in You" or "All I can with You" in latin (i dont know the correct mode)
thanks

Decimvs

Aedilis

• Aedilis

Re: Translation

It will only be possible to get a nice translation if you can be a little more precise as to what you mean by this.

"All I can in You" or "All I can with You"

First, we need to know what it is you are referring to with "all I can." Are you talking about:

Everything that you are able to do, all you can eat, all you can love, that you will give every bit of your effort towards some sort of relationship....etc?

And by in you/with you, what exactly are you trying to express?

My guess is that this is something romantic, and that you are trying to express that you will exert every bit of effort that you are able to, with respect to your relationship, and its duties, for this person?

Latin usually isn't a good language for very short and vague quotes, it forces you to be a bit more concrete. :)

Damoetas

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Decimvs dixit:
Latin usually isn't a good language for very short and vague quotes, it forces you to be a bit more concrete. :)
Or, to put it another way, Latin can be extremely short and pithy, but you have to know the context of what is being left out if you want to get the correct nuance.

A

Anonymous

like "I can do everything through Him"

"Him" is to be Christ or Lord, its something religious... A shorter way of Philippians 4:13
can you help me, please?

Damoetas

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

manuoliveiraa dixit:
like "I can do everything through Him"

"Him" is to be Christ or Lord, its something religious... A shorter way of Philippians 4:13
can you help me, please?
Philippians 4:13 in the Latin Vulgate is, Omnia possum in eo qui me confortat, 'I can do all things through him who strengthens me.' If you want to change "him" to "you," you could shorten it to Omnia possum in te, 'I can do all things in you' (and note that it's even shorter in Latin than in English). The only possible drawback I see is that people might associate possum ('I can') with the English word 'possum :(

EDIT: PS. for anyone who's not familiar with it, the Vulgate is the translation of the Bible from Hebrew and Greek into Latin that was done in the fifth century by St. Jerome.

PPS. If you write it with all capitals (i.e. with V instead of U), it wouldn't look like 'possum: OMNIA POSSVM IN TE.