Tattoo All the Gods, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.

MACVSOG

Hey guys,

I was looking at having "All the Gods, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you" translated from English to Latin.

I intend this to come from a mythological standpoint, to be used as a tattoo.

Thank you so much in advance guys, you are an amazing community.

Thanks,

M

Last edited:

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Puto aliquam rationem praepositionis "et" esse scribendae cum plures subiecti sunt adiciendi...
Aut "superi inferi di omnes etc" aut "et superi et inferi et di omnes..."
Itane sese res habet, @Pacifica doctissima? :)

Last edited:

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I already parted ways with a conjunction for the sake and power of asyndeton. Don't let me kill my beloved commas too. However, when @MACVSOG 's going to print on his skin, he might as well take them away, like this:

superi inferi di omnes habitant in te

As I do with my friends in real life, I always suggest NOT to make make any irreversible change to your derm.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I was thinkig of:
Di omnes, regna omnia caelestia, regiones omnes inferae animo in tuo considunt- All Gods, all celestial kingdoms, all infernal regions reside in your soul.
That's a good translation.
Puto aliquam rationem praepositionis "et" esse scribendi cum plures subiecti sunt adiciendi...
Aut "superi inferi di omnes etc" aut "et superi et inferi et di omnes..."
Itane sese res habet, @Pacifica doctissima? :)
Ita est.
superi inferi di omnes habitant in te
That would be "all the gods of above and all the gods of below dwell within you" or "all the heavenly gods and all the infernal gods dwell within you".

I'm not sure if you intended superi and inferi to mean heaven and hell as places, but they don't. They mean "those of above" and "those of below", literally, which most often means the heavenly and infernal gods respectively.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

That's a good translation.
Though perhaps considunt isn't the best verb in this context, since it means more like to settle (rather than already be dwelling) in a place.

MACVSOG

Thank you all so much for your input, it's greatly appreciated!!

I think I am going to go with Adrian's rendition.

Thank you so much all,

M

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Though perhaps considunt isn't the best verb in this context, since it means more like to settle (rather than already be dwelling) in a place.
I might suggest insidunt instead.