Are you sitting?

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Aww! I thought that was the latest from Westminster after JRM's announcement of reprorogation.

Black Rod today, likely keeping the look of disgust hidden from her face. And on a lighter note, Mr Skinner's quip.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Iane biceps, anni tacite labentis origo,
solus de superis qui tua terga vides,
dexter ades ducibus, quorum secura labore
otia terra ferax, otia pontus habet:
dexter ades patribusque tuis populoque Quirini,
et resera nutu candida templa tuo.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
They're not used to meeting on Saturdays, I suppose.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Too bad coffee to go from a paper cup is a climate sin these days.

If you want to be a representative of a constituency and sit in the House of Commons then you need to not sleep on the job. If you feel yourself falling asleep, go to the loo and walk it off. If you can't be arsed to do that and would prefer to fall asleep in the House then resign.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Are you allowed to sleep on the job?

That would not be a good idea in a 7.5 tonne vehicle. I can understand getting some shuteye on your dinner break or such but when it comes to representitive and or safety critical roles and it's not in your break time then I imagine it would be classed at the very least as negligence.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris

3:34 ~ "I suppose we could repeal the act that put us on the Gregorian rather than Julian calendar, which might buy us a few extra days." :hysteric:

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
It's a pity JRM didn't go into stand-up. He's just a wee bit too jolly to be taken seriously as an MP IMHO.

His somewhat stoic and light demeanor to most eventualities should not go against him as a Parliamentarian. He runs a tight ship even when his son is on the receiving end of the mob. More than what I could do in this situation.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
The person shouting in the 1st video belongs in an asylum.