atomicus, atomica, atomicum

Quadrivium

I have a selection of names for an art book. They’re to be stand alone names. So they not to be in a phrase or sentence. They’re more titles than anything.

The names are,

Primordium
Concentricum
Quadrivium
Trigonium
Hexagonum
Geminum
Trinitarium

In one part of the book I’m wanting to add ''Atomic'' to the names. I don’t know if I should be using atomicus, atomica or atomicum. Or, if atomic should be added before, or after the main title name.

Example,
Atomicum Primordium
Primordium Atomicum

Atomicum Trinitarium
Trinitarium Atomicum

Can anyone help please.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I have a selection of names for an art book. They’re to be stand alone names. So they not to be in a phrase or sentence. They’re more titles than anything.

The names are,

Primordium
Concentricum
Quadrivium
Trigonium
Hexagonum
Geminum
Trinitarium

In one part of the book I’m wanting to add ''Atomic'' to the names. I don’t know if I should be using atomicus, atomica or atomicum. Or, if atomic should be added before, or after the main title name.

Example,
Atomicum Primordium
Primordium Atomicum

Atomicum Trinitarium
Trinitarium Atomicum

Can anyone help please.
attribute (attributive adjective) has to agree in gender, number and case with corresponding noun. hence for primodium -> atomicum etc.

Word order in latin language is relatively free, my only impression attributive adjective fits better after the noun / subject
Primodium atomicum - atomic beginning
Trinitarium atomicum - atomic threefold (not sure what you wish to express here, I would guess trinitas atomica -atomic three / triad)

Last edited:

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Primordium
Concentricum
Quadrivium
Trigonium
Hexagonum
Geminum
Trinitarium
Adrian made a point which made me think that I don't get much sense in a few of these names, because they would themselves not be nouns, but adjectives in a neutral form. Not that there has to make sense though, depending on what you intend...

Quadrivium

Thanks for the replies.

As I said, the names are for an art book. I should’ve been more clear about that. The art book consists of geometric shapes. Squares, triangles, hexagons, and concentric circles. The book is to have different techniques. Hence wanting to have to name them, so as to differentiate one from another. So the latin names I have chosen are the most apt. The names I have chosen are a mix of adjectives and nouns, and where possible I have gone for neutral. Using this website https://latin-dictionary.net/, there definitions are close to what I’m wanting too. Just the addition of "Atomic" I’m not so sure about. The names don’t have to be literally accurate, as close as possible would be nice, and uniform. That’s why I have gone for them ending in "ium" and "um". So no, It's not too important that they make literal sense. Only that they seem credible.

So yes. Any help is welcome.

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

By "neutral" I think some of you mean "neuter" -- the gender other than masculine and feminine.