• Elagabalus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Salvius Otho.....lol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GAIVS JVLIVS CAESAR

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Carolus

Mea opinione bonissimus omnium imperatorum est Traianus.

Optimus principum ab senatores apellatur. Multas aedificationes munitionesque fecit, muros Daciae et Romae emporio. Traianus rem publicam correxit, magnas oeconomiae correctiones egit. Emendavit fundum municipiorum et curatores civitatum atque familias copiosas adiutavit.
De re militaris, aio quod Traianus imperator Daciam et Armeniam ceperit, vincerit pontus et multas iudaei rebeliones suffocabat (Magnae res gestae). Is homo laudandus est. Praeterea hispanus. Imposibilis est superare, dico modestia. :whistle:

Postremo vobis gratias ago. Si errores habeo, os emendabo.
valete!
;)

(cras traduco in lingua anglica)

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

bonissimus? :D

Carolus

Aio, de vero. :D

Traiano centurione coniuncti ibamus ad tavernas ut vinum potemus. Bene cognovi.

Indeed all power is really suspicious. :twisted: I´ve proposed Traianus cause he was one of great Roman History emperors and at the moment nobody of us did mention about it.

To sum up. He built some important buildings and structures of all empire. He adopted important mesures about economy and society and during his government Roman nation lived an age of great prosperity.

And above all he was Spanish (so sorry Spain, Hispania was a province of Rome, Spain didn´t exist, like all people know)

valete amici :)

Chamaeleo

Yeah, he’s the goodest!!

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

LOL :D

A

Anonymous

Augustus, the others are not even close to him.
He understood that brutal force didn't work, wich Caesar had clearly shown, and he found a way to make him the dictator of Rome without making him the dictator of Rome, he found a way to let the Senate no choise but to accept his rule, he found a way to cover up a 'king' in the republican legality, and he paved the way to all the others, who just built furhter on Augustus' fundaments. Without (someone like) Augustus, we wouldn't even be able to vote who was the best emperor, for there would have never been any.

A

Anonymous

Labienus dixit:
I have an unhealthy obsession with Julius Caesar; an obsession that almost wants me to click on his name despite the fact that he was not an emperor... must resist...
My obsession actually got me to click on it. There are 3 people in history I would have followed into battle: Napoleon Bonaparte I, George Washington, and Gaius Iulius Caesar. All my life I've idolized this man. War hero, savvy politician, a prime example of an ambitious man destroyed by jealousy and hatred for greatness.
I don't think it would be too off the mark to say the man saved western civilization. Had he not stopped the republic from falling into complete chaos in civil war, it might not have become nearly as strong as it did. Civilization would have, at least, backed way up. The Roman Empire might not have carried on what we now recognize as Western Civilization to the 1400s.

Ave Caesar!

Cornelia

The fact that Hadrian is not in the poll is really strange,though... :wondering:

Suionus

caeser13 dixit:
My obsession actually got me to click on it. There are 3 people in history I would have followed into battle: Napoleon Bonaparte I, George Washington, and Gaius Iulius Caesar. All my life I've idolized this man. War hero, savvy politician, a prime example of an ambitious man destroyed by jealousy and hatred for greatness.
I don't think it would be too off the mark to say the man saved western civilization. Had he not stopped the republic from falling into complete chaos in civil war, it might not have become nearly as strong as it did. Civilization would have, at least, backed way up. The Roman Empire might not have carried on what we now recognize as Western Civilization to the 1400s.

Ave Caesar!
This is the same way I feel. There are always those famous few that would make anyone want to follow them into battle. Julius Caesar is a household name; there are people who have never heard of Latin, the Romans, or even Europe (in some sad, extreme cases) who have still heard of Caesar. His name was passed down through the centuries to mean "ruler". So many empires and kingdoms had their monarch's title based on his name. The Roman Empire called their emperor directly "Caesar"; the Germans later called their ruler "Kaiser"; the Russians called theirs "Czar". He was one of the most amazing people in history, even though he was corrupted by power, which lead to his death. His death made him even more famous, as a martyr.
Despite the amazing legacy of Julius Caesar, I still voted for Augustus. He was the emperor that I believe was closest to the people. He was the only one to not call himself "Imperator", but "Princeps". He viewed himself as a citizen and presided over an era of prosperity and peace which later became known as the Golden Age of the Roman Empire.