Best Hebrew Bible for students

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
Hi! Since I'm now learning Hebrew, it occurred to me that it might be an idea to add a Hebrew Bible to my Christmas wish list. Can anyone recommend a good student edition? (I'm still very much a beginner -- but am hoping to eventually arrive at the point where I can read Biblical Hebrew fluently.)

Tagging Bitmap, Iáson, Etaoin Shrdlu and Issacus Divus.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
To be honest, I just use this website. It gives all the possible versions of the Hebrew one might want, with the option to use a parallel English-Hebrew text, it parses the words, and it has hyperlinks to dictionary articles.

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
We were recommended to use the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartenia, and get something like this to go along with it. I got a much smaller book and I can't remember the name of it!

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
Thanks, that looks quite helpful!

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I was recommended the Stuttgartiensia, too ... but it's available online under bibelwissenschaften.de

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
I was recommended the Stuttgartiensia, too ... but it's available online under bibelwissenschaften.de

Yes, I know most of this stuff is available online, but I retain information better from a printed source.