Can "Quod" be translated as "Although?"

MichaelJYoo

The text is:

"Ad obediendum Evangelio a Deo tantum invitentur: qua ratione de Gentilibus dicitur passim, quod rejectis Iudaeis ipsi electi a Deo, id est, vocati sint ad obediendum Evangelio et sic ad beneficia Evangelio promissa consequendum ea ratione ac via, quae Evangelio continetur ac praescribitur."

"They are called to obedience to the gospel by God alone, for which reason it is said everywhere concerning the Gentiles [that] although they have been rejected by the Jews, they themselves have been chosen by God, that is, they have called to obedience to the Gospel and thus to attaining the benefits promised in the gospel by that manner and way which is contained and prescribed in the Gospel."

The word "although" for quod seems to make the most sense of the sentence, but no dictionary seems to suggest that as a possible meaning. Does it fit here?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

There is no "although" here. Quod means "that" and rejectis Judaeis means "with the Jews having been rejected".

Also, you're missing a "been" in your translation of vocati sint. It's "they have been called", not "they have called". I don't know whether that was a genuine mistake or whether you just forgot to type the "been", but I thought I should let you know.