Can someone give me sentences to translate? I need practice.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

However some names that don't fit as well seem to be more variable. For instance, I've seen "Adam" (as in Adam and Eve) treated both as indeclined (nominative Adam, genitive Adam, etc.) or as Adamus, Adami. It really depends on the specific name.
I think the form Adamus, Adami is a later one and doesn't occur in the Bible itself or in authors of that time. In the Bible, you find indeclinable Adam and Adam, Adae.

From what I've seen in Medieval and later Latin, the feeling I've got is that most names are Latinized as second declension (or first for female names) unless they already have a great likeness to third declension.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Salve!

Alphege

I am a member here with little Latin knowledge.
I get called here by my e mail.
But I am still attempting to learn the language.
I ask one of the Saints : Ora pro nobis.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Seamus, you haven't done a practice sentence in a while, so let's do a Latin to English sentence. It may be a bit difficult because of its length and complexity, so you should make sure you first figure out the case of every word. Another good idea is to split the sentence into smaller units that are easier to figure out.

Post proelium Cannense, Hannibal, ubi vidit milites ludis et conviviis tempus terentes, omnem exercitum ad se vocavit et "Si statim Romam iter fecerimus", inquit, "urbem sine certamine capiemus!"

Alphege

I am here, Dantius.
And I see that you are talking to Seamus. But I was just called here by my e mail.

After Hannibal, where sees military time.

What got purchased for me were 2 Latin books. The 1st had only 2 declensions and 2 conjugations and a total of 80 words to learn.
Now I want to get a high school Latin book. I want it given to me because My 1st books cost 29 dollars. That seems enough money for Latin books.

grimsius

Ah, I feel good only having a little problem with conviviis, terentes, and fecerimus. The first two just a matter of vocabulary, and the latter a matter of tense/aspect. Guess it's time to hit the tables and flash cards. hah