Music Video Canibus' Alpha Father

Jason Bourke

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

Below is a song from hip-hop artist Germaine Williams a.k.a. Canibus.

Between approximately 25 seconds and 1 minute he recites a short passage that, to me, sounds as though it has been spoken in Latin.

May somebody please translate the message for me?

Sincerely,

Jason

B

Bitmap

It's not a consistent, but simply a random collection of well-known Latin phrases recited with a horrible pronunciation of Latin.
I can't make out everything on first listening, but I recognise
aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or I will make one
bis vincit qui se vincit in victoria - he conquers twice, who conquers himself in victory

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like "veni vidi vici" was in there as well. I'll listen to it later again ... don't want to take the joy away from others to find out something as well :) Apart from that I need my morning rum

Jason Bourke

I thought it might be something like that. One toward the end is: ad astra per aspera; through hardship to the stars.

Thank you for your contribution, Bitmap! I appreciate it.

Can anybody else help fill in the blanks? I would like to be able to get the whole passage.

And I hope you enjoy your run :)

I misread you text; I thought you said "morning run", not "morning rum".

It is a bit early for that, is it not? Do you put it on your Corn Flakes :p

B

Bitmap

00:43 has "bis vivit qui bene vivit" he who lives well lives twice

00:47 has "ad vitam aeternam" to eternal life

next thing starts "a capite" (from the head), but I can't make out the rest (maybe "ad calcem"?! to the foot)

i really don't understand what the rest is supposed to be
you're right that the last one is "ad astra per aspera"
it's really pronounced badly, and the electronic voice makes it even worse ... sorry

I misread you text; I thought you said "morning run", not "morning rum".

It is a bit early for that, is it not? Do you put it on your Corn Flakes :p
It turned from late summer to deepest winter with no transition in between over here, so I need to stay warm. Don't worry, though. I mix my rum with tea

Jason Bourke

Thank you so much for your help... we're almost there! Hopefully I will be able to compose the whole paragraph soon...

I think you are right: a capite ad calcem is apparently a phrase meaning from head to heel (which would be analogous to English's "head to toe").

Yes, I do not think he is fluent in the language- I think it was a one-time way of encoding a message.

Anyway, where is "over here"? A shot or two is often good to warm oneself up :) When drinking spirits, I myself prefer a nice crisp vodka- it's like the water of spirits.