Cato R.R.?

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I came across a citation for "Cato (didn't say which one, I assume the elder) R. R.", and am unsure of the writing to which this refers. Can anybody help me with that?

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

The above are wrong, I hate to say. R.R. stands for 'Ronald Reuel'. His full name was Cato Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The above are wrong, I hate to say. R.R. stands for 'Ronald Reuel'. His full name was Cato Ronald Reuel Tolkien.
Uuuaaahhh...I'm confused...

Actually, I am a bit confused about something. I haven't found, anywhere, the De agri cultura referred to as De re rustica. I have noticed, however, that Cato's treatise on agriculture has often, in the past, been bundled together into the same volume (at least by English language publishers) with Varro's (Marcus Terentius, in particular) Rerum rusticarum de agri cultura. Just wanted to check against conflation of these, as what I was looking for was not in part 10 of De agri cultura, but rather, I found it in paragraph 10 of Rerum rusticarum de agri cultura.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Actually, I am a bit confused about something. I haven't found, anywhere, the De agri cultura referred to as De re rustica. I have noticed, however, that Cato's treatise on agriculture has often, in the past, been bundled together into the same volume (at least by English language publishers) with Varro's (Marcus Terentius, in particular) Rerum rusticarum de agri cultura. Just wanted to check against conflation of these, as what I was looking for was not in part 10 of De agri cultura, but rather, I found it in paragraph 10 of Rerum rusticarum de agri cultura.
Hi - see here and here.