Tattoo courage my love

Laura Elise

Hello Forum,

I'm needing help to translate "Courage, my love." to Latin. So far, I've seen "Animo mea amorem".

I've been going through difficult times right now and I want this tattooed on me. (7 inks and counting so far)

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

Animo mea amorem is completely wrong. I would suggest bono animo es, mea lux.

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Would virtus, carus meus care mi be valid?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Would virtus, carus meus be valid?
I don't think so. I've never seen virtus used that way as a word of encouragement, and carus meus is in the wrong case (should be vocative).

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Also, if she's addressing herself (which seems to be the case from her post) it should be feminine. But anyway, I really don't think that use of virtus is idiomatic, though I'm always ready to be proven wrong with some example.

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I suppose you're right. If it were addressing herself, then it would be virtus, cara mea, which would be incredibly ambiguous.

Laura Elise

Hello all,

Thank you so much for replying. I see two suggestions:

virtus, cara mea
bono animo es, mea lux

I like both especially the first one, but which one do you both thing is more fitting?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Whichever you want, really. I would go with virtus, cara mea personally.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Anytime.

Laura Elise

Laura, if I may, what exacly do you want to express by
"Courage, my love."
"Courage (is) my love" or "(Have) courage!, my love (=my beloved)!
So basically I tell myself "Courage, Laura. Courage, my love." when I'm spiraling down due to anxiety and overthinking. It's almost like a mantra.

I can't explain it, but when I'm in my head and plagued with anxiety I just close my eyes, inhale/exhale, and tell myself that reminder.

EDIT: to add on it's like I'm telling myself to be brave and this will pass. Something like that...

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I thought as much Laura. :)

I was thinking of Fortis sis (animo) carissima /deliciae ! - Be brave my dearest (one) / darling !

Laura Elise

I thought as much Laura. :)

I was thinking of Fortis sis (animo) carissima /deliciae ! - Be brave my dearest (one) / darling !

Ohh...that is very strong yet delicate! So would you full on write, "Fortis sis animo carissima."?

I'm wanting to narrow it down to the one closest I want which is "courage, my love."
And so far all 3 suggestions are all been wonderful and strong...

Dilemma ahead... :(