De gustibus est disputandum... ;)

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
This stuff is getting tired (I wanna say absolutely fucked) real fast. I mean, our company is on the conservative side (e.g. refuses to sell contraceptives of any kind), but we've got highly addictive tobacco & CBD products out the wazoo. I know I've said this before, but the list is growing: topical ointments, pouches (like dip), oils, tablets, patches (not designed to help you quit, but to keep you going) etc. Since when is it acceptable for 'wholesome mom 'n pop' businesses to moonlight as goddamn back-alley apothecaries?

Think I'll start wearing a huge black gabardine to work & I can sweep my arm to the side to reveal a treasure-trove of illicit-yet-perfectly-legal delights hidden in the folds & pockets. "Pick yer poison, brainwashed youth."

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I love Japanese food, but haven't had it all that often
Nice to know:)
any particular dish in mind? I had an opportunity to try Tempura and Miso Soup, I find them tasty.

I drink it black without any sugar or milk.
I also try to avoid creme and sugar. I occasionally add a small pinch of salt (my colleague at work gave me this tip) - have to admit the coffee tastes less bitter and feels bit more rich in taste and sweatness.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Adrian dixit:
I occasionally add a small pinch of salt
I oughtta give that a go.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
I just tried that! It's delish.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
I'm longing for it now.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Slight Beer redux.

Lately, I got my hands on german Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb and Schöfferhofer Weizen Naturtrüb. These are very good tasting wheat beers (not too strong, not too bitter either - just right). Ideal for those who like to enjoy ice-cold beer during sunny hot saturday afternoon at garden barbeque:)

paulaner2.jpg
Schöfferhofer Weizen.png

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Yeah, wheat beers are ideal in the summer. My favourite is Franziskaner. There are also some pretty good Belgian ones.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Hoegaarden is ubiquitous here. So when I was in Brussels and felt like drinking a wheat beer, I felt obliged to try a different one, and chose something that had apparently won a prize. It was quite acceptable, but I wasn't sure I could tell it in a blind taste test from Hoegaarden. And I've forgotten the name of it; looking at a list of Belgian wheat beers didn't jog my memory.

That was a bit of a pointless recommendation, wasn't it? So maybe I can contribute something useful to the topic by warning you about what is sold as Blue Moon Belgian White Ale, should you ever come across it. It isn't Belgian; I have no idea what possessed an American brewery to produce this oddity, but they shouldn't have bothered. It's a bit trendy in the UK at the moment, and you're supposed to drink it with a slice of orange. I've done that, and also tried with lemon and on its own, and frankly it's not up to much.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
The one above was world's best wheat beer in 2009.

I have also been told was crowned as the beer most favoured by women (or something like that) a few years ago, but I couldn't verify that.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Good choice!

There are a lot of good wheat beers, of course. Franziskaner is one of my favourites, but I like how all of them have their own individual taste.

Btw., I hope you poured it into a glass.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I bought a tin of kimchi, for no better reason than that I have never tried it. I have no idea of what to do with it; it's probably unwise to embark upon cooking an entire Korean meal just to go with it. Has anyone got any simple suggestions?

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Just pop it out of the can & go to town's what I'd do.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Maybe try googling something like 'creative cooking with kimchi' or something like that.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Stateside we got Oskar Blues Brewery, which produces an old favorite of mine:
old chub.jpg

Though the tagline It's Like Sputnik is quite dumb, it's good stuff. On the darker side, but then summer is on the ebb these days.