De gustibus est disputandum... ;)

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
I love Lady Grey! Never tried combining it with ginger -- I'm sure I'd like it, though, as I'm a big fan of ginger.
The flavors combine in such a way as to resemble cinnamon; it almost tastes like a hot liquid s’more. A great fireside drink.

I also bought some gyokuro, which is expensive but rather good. The name evidently means ‘jade dew’. Can’t beat that.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I bought it out of curiosity. Not sure if it's genuine Ecuadorian cocoa, but the declared combination of dark chocolade, caramel and sea salt is quite tasty.

Tastes wonderful with a cup of caffè americano con latte e zucchero.

P_20201016_164420.jpg

Last edited:

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I have bought lamb's liver and broccoli for dinner tonight.

I like liver. Well, apart from pig's liver, but there's probably some way of making it taste good that I haven't learnt yet. But I hate preparing and cooking it.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I have bought lamb's liver and broccoli for dinner tonight.

I like liver. Well, apart from pig's liver, but there's probably some way of making it taste good that I haven't learnt yet. But I hate preparing and cooking it.
I never considered myself a gourmet of liver or broccoli, but I have to admit I wouldn't mind a rack of lamb (medium well) with mashed potatoes, gravy, baked vegetables and a glass of red wine.

Cheers..
gentleman2.jpg

Last edited:

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
My experience with liver is also on the narrow side. Gotta get more of it under my belt, ere I expire.

I’d also like to try foie gras, although the process whereby it is gotten is so thoroughly vile & bestial as to forbid it me. I’ll have to settle for tofu, which has never let me down.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
I’ve probably mentioned my mania for cornmeal. At my local, a boy can get two cornmeal pancakes thick as a grown man’s forearm for a nifty 7 bucks, give or take. Put some peanut butter on ‘em suckers, ‘n you got yrself a feast fit for a king.
Tasty-Kitchen-Blog-Lemon-Cornmeal-Pancakes.jpg

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Came late home. It was a long and tiresom day. And still much to do for today. :(
There is only one thing that can give this tired flesh strength, restore mind's sharpness and raise the spirit... a hot meal and a bottle of ice cold Zlatý Bažant.

P_20201020_214552.jpg

Cheers boys!

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
What's the shredded cabbagey stuff?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
Roommate ‘n I on our weekly feast. He’s got the instinct, I just do some drudgery. We wanted mushrooms, so he chose this galette, fresh thyme, chives, gruyère, and shrooms. It was pretty delish. Fit for a king & his concubine. Pre-oven shot.
3C492839-FFE9-4A3D-B05C-D40921712FA7.jpeg

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
That looks quite appetizing.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Yum.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I thought that I had made a Culinary Discovery -- popcorn and mayonnaise. Unfortunately, the internet tells me all the kewl kidz already knew.

But it has the same problem that had kept popcorn at the level of a snack and prevents it from being taken seriously as a foodstuff: how are you supposed to eat it? Forks don't work, spoons look childish and, frankly, aren't much better than forks. It really only works as a finger food, and then mayonnaise makes it too greasy.

Last edited: