De gustibus est disputandum... ;)

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I like popcorn, not just as a snack but as a carbohydrate accompanying the protein source of the meal. I don't have any butter in the house, because there are few contexts in which I would want to use it, as I'm not very fond of butter; even if it were available, I'd tire of buttered popcorn fairly quickly. But on its own it's rather dry. There was some mayonnaise about, and I thought that if it works with chips, it's worth a try.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
I find mayo & butter to be equally unappealing most times, but some alternate way of slickening that corn is a good idea. Maybe some kind of honey glaze.

There have to be more uses for honey than in tea, but I really can’t think of one. We have a boatload of maple syrup here too that needs to be gotten rid of. Maybe if I combine the two, I’ll summon the god Diabetus.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I'm not that fond of honey, or of sweet things in general when the rest of the food is savoury. I have the feeling that sweet popcorn is more popular in the UK than the US, or maybe I was too young to notice back then; of course there's Cracker Jack, which I've never seen here. But wherever it is, it's an abomination.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
At work they just got these apples called Green Dragon, which look & taste like a mix between green & yellow (Golden Delicious) apples. They’re rather good, despite looking alarmingly like Anjou pears.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
I don’t much dig candy, but I can’t resist me one ‘ them Zagnut bars from time to time. It’s like peanut brittle with shredded coconut.
Z.jpeg

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I ate too much chocolate today. Again.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I ate too much chocolate today. Again.
:comforting: Chocolate is actually good for one's health.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Rybka lubi pływać (Amat natare piscis). For sophisticated gourmets only: herring rolls in olive-onion-tomato sauce and a bottle of 7% Dębowe Mocne
Cheers lads!
97.gif

Koreczki śledziowe.jpg
Dębowe mocne.jpg

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
McDonald's is a crime against hamburgers, as well as other food. That thing is a crime against McDonald's, which is not something that is lightly said.

China is a world leader in diabetes.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Speaking of which, I am going to Lidl today (to make all the necessary groceries). I'm definitely stopping at asian stand to buy some Dim Sum.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
:comforting: Chocolate is actually good for one's health.
In moderation, as always. Although, there's no problem with treating yourself every once in awhile. :D