Death Bringer / Bringer of Death

Ryo

I'm looking for the translation of Death Bringer or Bringer of Death in a object sense. I've seen things like Angel of Death, Grim Reaper, Bringer of Death translations like Mortifer or Addonexus, but seemed like it's more appropriate for a person (Grim Reaper) rather than an object (ie AC-130, axe, etc). I didn't know if that would be a proper translation for an object. In sort the object can be the Bringer of Death / Death Bringer.

I plan to have the word engraved on a plaque for display so I would like to try to get it correct.

Knowing translators can make mistakes, I hope to see if you guys can give me some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Decimus Canus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

mortifer is fine as an adjective meaning death-bringing or fatal. To label an object, possibly res mortifera - death-bringing thing.

Ryo

So "res" would be considered an thing.. (based on looking on.. yup you guessed it.. a translator).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Decimus Canus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Yes, res means thing. Is the plaque for anything in particular?

Ryo

Nothing in particular. Trying to think of something nice to hang in the home office. Considering either a tomahawk or civil war era firearm. Just trying to come up with ideas.

Decimus Canus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

You might consider instrumentum mortis - "instrument of death".