Deliver me from darkness, O heavenly father, and let my life

Bailey777

Im wanting this translated so that I can get it tattooed on my body.
If anyone can help me let me know.

"Deliver me from darkness, O heavenly father, and let my life be filled with a shining light of warmth and joy. "

Thank you all who help! :mrgreen:

Andy

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Following the example of the Paternoster, I see two ways of doing this (particularly because I can't remember or don't know how to phrase 'let my life be filled', imp. + passive infinitive?

Option 1

libera me a tenebris o pater caelestis et imple vitam meam cum candente luce caloris laetitiaeque
lit. Deliver me from darkness, O Heavenly Father, and fill my life up with a shining light of warmth and joy!

Option 2

libera me a tenebris o pater caelestis et impleatur vita mea gratia tua cum candente luce caloris laetitiaeque
lit. Deliver me from darkness, O Heavenly Father, and may my life be filled up by your Grace with a shining light of warmth and joy!

Option 3 (I'm not too sure about this one)

libera me a tenebris o pater caelestis et sine vitam meam impleri cum candente luce caloris laetitiaeque
lit. Deliver me from darknes, O Heavenly Father, and permit my life to be filled up with a shining light of warmth and joy!

Option 4

There's plenty members that know how to properly construct this phrase more than I do, so I would wait until they participate.

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Let... in any form is generally a jussive subjunctive, which generally takes the present tense. So try and work with that Andy, you have the idea down quite well.

Bailey777

Thank you both for your help here. I like the translations Andy and would infact be willing to use one of those options. Until I have decided which to use Ill keep an eye on it and see if anyone else has anything to say.

Thanks again. =]