DEUDSCHE SPRACHE

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
The comb is the word.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I don't remember if I actually read it at any point, but it was told to me.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Vor kurzem?
Oder wie bist du auf Frau Holle gekommen?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
My mother (who is a story-teller) told it to me a couple of times, some years ago. It was she who was wondering about the possible meaning of the name and as I couldn't find it in the dictionary I told her I'd ask you.

Sorry for not writing in German but my head is already smoking with Du Cange references and I have neither the courage nor quite the time right now to piece together sentences in a language I'm not proficient in. :p

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
My mother (who is a story-teller) told it to me a couple of times, some years ago. It was she who was wondering about the possible meaning of the name and as I couldn't find it in the dictionary I told her I'd ask you.
You must be a true vates if you told her some years ago that you'd ask me in 2019 :)

Sorry for not writing in German but my head is already smoking with Du Cange references and I have neither the courage nor quite the time right now to piece together sentences in a language I'm not proficient in. :p

Das ist in Ordnung, das verstehe ich.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Verständlich. Aber ich versuche immer, auf Deutsch zu schreiben.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Das Wort ist cool.

Aber

Das ist ein cooles Wort.

Ich denke.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I didn't think of inverting the word order because it seemed like a complete sentence at first sight, but I suppose it's implying "(Das — was ich oben geschrieben habe) denke ich"?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I didn't think of inverting the word order because it seemed like a complete sentence at first sight, but I suppose it's implying "(Das — was ich oben geschrieben habe) denke ich"?

Yes, it somehow feels like one big sentence ... (or like an implied das ...)

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Ah, natürlich. Deklination. Nach "ist" geht es weg.