DEUDSCHE SPRACHE

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm afraid I don't get why that's being addressed to me. I found out on Google that it's a line from some song.

B

Bitmap

Das Lied handelt von der Reeperbahn in Hamburg, einer sehr bekannten Vergnügungs-Straße voller Bordelle.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I'm afraid I don't get why that's being addressed to me. I found out on Google that it's a line from some song.
Apologies, I just happened to have that song going through my head while I saw your message above, and my extreme tiredness had generated a state of mind akin to drunkenness.

Still it would be nice to go for a walk in Hamburg, it's one of my favourite cities, or to have a Latin circle meeting at the Sylter Milchbar, if it still exists.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Still it would be nice to go for a walk in Hamburg, it's one of my favourite cities, or to have a Latin circle meeting at the Sylter Milchbar, if it still exists.
I have only been in Hamburg to hitchhike out of it, at one point when there was briefly a ferry from Harwich that went there. I was just thinking that I should spend some time in Germany, given that I haven't been there since 1994, which was a very long time ago, and Germany is easier the more northern it gets, by and large. But if cakes and Bavarian restaurants appeal to you, isn't actual Bavaria better? It's full of that sort of thing.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Nice. I had to change my location to Germany in order to watch it. . .
I can't watch it either. Just out of interest, how do you change location to Germany?

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

You can take the Eurostar and then the train. Maybe a bit much just to see a video though.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I can't watch it either. Just out of interest, how do you change location to Germany?
In YouTube/Google settings, or with a VPN.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

But if cakes and Bavarian restaurants appeal to you, isn't actual Bavaria better? It's full of that sort of thing.
I like travelling in October, and Munich must be a complete madhouse at that time... Also, as time goes on I like going through airports less and less. They have nice cakes in Liverpool as well (see below).

liverpool_cake.jpg
In YouTube/Google settings, or with a VPN.
Indeed, with a VPN. Iáson's method works too.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

If you'd asked me a few minutes ago, I wouldn't have realised you can actually use that last idiom in German. Or that shackles were still in vogue, for that matter.

Is there a legal reason why none of the reports name the person in question? I could understand why they might not print the name of someone before they were found guilty, but that's not the case here.

B

Bitmap

Is there a legal reason why none of the reports name the person in question?
I'm not sure, but I think it depends on how much "public interest" there is. If the person in question had been the mayor of the city, you would be free to mention his name. However, some random old guy with no significance losing it at some administrative office is probably not allowed to be mentioned with his name.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Sounds to me as if he belongs to the extreme right-wing in East Germany. At 56 he's too young to have had first-hand experience of the Nazi regime. Shackled despite being on crutches? Seems a bit OTT, but what do I know.

B

Bitmap

Oh, right ... the evil East German right-wing :D

Fußfesseln usually refer to some kind of electronic tagging you wear on your feet, not to actual foot cuffs.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Momentan habe ich Hande voll zu Tun mit Virtschaftsdeutsch (es scheint ich habe wirkilich sehr viel zu lernen). Ich habe mir niemals gedacht dass es so viele Fachwortschaft und Redewendungen ueber logistische Thematik allein gibt.
P_20200126_212918.jpg