Tattoo "Divinely protected"

Hey there,

I'm looking to have "Divinely protected" tattooed in Latin. I'm female if that is relevant.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you for your help in advance. Always enjoy reading and posting in this discussion board.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

In addition to what Pacifica already mentioned - I was thinking of [Divina/ Superorum] in tutela - under [divine / heavenly] protection

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

There is also sub praesidium supernum: under protection from above.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

That should be sub praesidio superno.

B

Bitmap

It should also be mentioned that you should only choose the word superorum if you are a polytheist :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It should also be mentioned that you should only choose the word superorum if you are a polytheist :)
Not necessarily. "Those above" could include angels and saints in addition to God.

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

That should be sub praesidio superno.
Yes. Correct.

And yet I still have a residual feeling for accusative here and do not know why. I wonder if I am thinking "I live, taken under divine protection" (as in to be brought sub imperium Romanum)? Or is it Virgil's visa sub obscurum noctis? Sub auspicia seems to be later Latin. And then there is this hymn, Sub Tuum Praesidium (in which movement is suggested, flying to a source of protection). No matter...as a reference to a state of being, ablative seems the way to go.