Doubt with vowels' length in incidere

jacobus

Hi there, I was looking up the verb incidēre in Wiktionary.org and I saw that the IPA transcription is : /inˈki.de.re/ Shouldn’t that be /ɪnˈkɪ.deː.rɛ/ ?
I asked that since I saw the long macron only on “ē” so I assumed all other vowels are short. Am I correct?
Thanks for helping,
Giacomo

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Well, there's no such verb as an infinitive, that is. But I've just realized maybe you were actually looking at a conjugated form (like the third person plural perfect indicative active or the second person singular future indicative passive, where the e is long).

In that case, the stress goes on the penultimate syllable, too.

jacobus

Sorry, I didn't write the question properly, I try to clarify, in Wiktionary I saw the form incidēre (third person plural perfect indicative active) and I saw that the phonetical transcription of it it is /inˈki.de.re/ but shouldn't that be /ɪn.kɪ.deː.rɛ/ ? (I assume the only long vowel is the first 'e'. Am I wrong? I am assuming that in verbs' conjugations only long vowels are noted with macrons and that if there is no macro at all the vowel is short by default, am I correct?

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

The stress should be marked on the penultimate syllable.
I've lost count of the number of threads discussing errors in Wiktionary. Get a good book and stick with that.