Father

charlottet

Hi there :)

I found this forum in hopes of getting a true translation, it's pretty important I get the right word & not just one off an internet translator which could be wrong.

I guess I should explain why!

On the 12th of September it'll be a year to the day that my Father died. I was 18 when he died. Needless to say both me & my 14 year old sister took it very badly. In all honestly, I still haven't accepted it I don't think. & it's still very rough on us.

I've never been one to think of getting a tattoo (the thought of having something permanant on my body for the rest of my life terrifies me) so I've always said that unless it was something VERY important to me, I'd never do it. I'm not a fan of people that get silly things that in a year or less they'll regret.

But when my dad died, or well, a few months later when the topic of tattoos came up around friends that was when I decided to get the word for father tattooed on my back, well, near my shoulder :)

My father spoke latin & absolutely loved the language & always wanted me to learn, but when I was in school I was simply taking enough subjects to fit another in & I left just after my GCSEs to pursue another career so didn't have time. I plan on learning to speak fluently at some point (whether people say it's a "dead language" or not) as I feel it'll help me remember my dad more.

But for now, I'd rather get the correct word tattooed on my body!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) oh & just to let you know, the word I seem to have found that most people say is correct is "pater" but as my tattoo is on wednesday although I've already the tattoo artist my design, I thought I;d double & treble check!

Thankyou for any help anyone can offer.

Charlotte.

charlottet

Obviously I only looked at the rules, I feel a bit silly now!

However, I then went over to look at the other boards & I've found some interesting topics so I plan on staying & chatting for a while :)

charlottet

Thankyou very much :)

That's definetly put my mind at rest.
I wouldn't like having some random word tattooed on me for the rest of my life, to be honest.

Thankyou again :)