"Find what scares you, and run towards it."

skyblue

I heard something to this effect when I was watching a film and found it very inspiring. I appreciate the sentiment of conquering fear rather than letting it conquer you. I'd love to have it engraved on jewelry, but I think it would have a better look in Latin than in English. The phrase is:

"Find what scares you, and run towards it."

It wouldn't refer to a man or woman, specifically.

If you have any questions about the phrase, to help to render it into Latin most accurately, just let me know. Thank you very much for any help you can provide! :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

I do have a question. By "find what scares you", do you mean:

1) "Find what it is that scares you" — i.e. the person currently doesn't know what scares them, and they must find the answer to this question;

or

2) "Find the thing that scares you" — i.e. the person knows what scares them, and they must find that thing (for instance, they know they're afraid of spiders so they must look for a spider)

?

skyblue

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. That's a great question! The implication was that the person being given this advice doesn't necessarily know what scares them. So, "find" in the quote would be shorthand for "find out." Option (1) that you gave fits the meaning best.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

OK. In that case this is my translation:

Quid te terreat comperi atque ad id curre.

skyblue

Thank you very much, Pacifica. :)

I like the wording you chose, and I'm thankful for the translation.