Video For the following days, he was quieter than usual

Liber

I would like to translate a small Latin narration for a story I'm writting (entertainment purposes only), it's broken down in a few short phrases and it goes like this:

"For the following days, he was quieter than usual..."
Context: He was silent, not talking

"...He wasn't trying to be funny anymore..."

"...He gave straight answers to every question, except those regarding our future..."

"...but he wouldn't tell me what was in his mind, I thought this was all my fault..."

"...and then, the second full moon came"

"...he was gone"

That's about it! I'm sorry if it's a lot, I'm really interested in Latin and I may start learning it soon here to help myself a little

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

This is a bit more than I would usually translate for free, but you're lucky, I'm in the mood for translating these sentences right now.

Sequentibus diebus taciturnior solito fuit...

Iam non temptabat risum movere....

"...He gave straight answers to every question, except those regarding our future..."

Quaecumque erat interrogatus, simpliciter respondebat, praeter ea quae ad nostrum futurum statum pertinebant.

"...but he wouldn't tell me what was in his mind, I thought this was all my fault..."

... sed quid animo volveret mihi dicere nolebat; ego autem omnia mea culpa fieri putabam...

... deinde advenit luna plena secunda.

"...he was gone"

Maybe ille non comparuit but does this immediately follow the last sentence about the moon — like, the second full moon came and the guy suddenly vanished, went missing — or does some other context intervene? It could change the translation.

Liber

Hi,

This is a bit more than I would usually translate for free, but you're lucky, I'm in the mood for translating these sentences right now.

Sequentibus diebus taciturnior solito fuit...

Iam non temptabat risum movere....

Quaecumque erat interrogatus, simpliciter respondebat, praeter ea quae ad nostrum futurum statum pertinebant.

... sed quid animo volveret mihi dicere nolebat; ego autem omnia mea culpa fieri putabam...

... deinde advenit luna plena secunda.

"...he was gone"

Maybe ille non comparuit but does this immediately follow the last sentence about the moon — like, the second full moon came and the guy suddenly vanished, went missing — or does some other context intervene? It could change the translation.

Thank you very much!! Also, no, the "he was gone" part isn't directly related to the full moon night sentence

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Can you explain the context of the "he was gone" sentence, then?