Forcellini now SEARCHABLE & online! (A Latino-Latin dictionary)

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Egidio Forcellini
Totius Latinitatis Lexicon
O N L I N E and S E A R C H A B L E
- A complete Latino-Latin dictionary -

Brought to this form by Me with some help of Quasus
Original PDF files provided by Documenta Catholica Omnia

Available here: in the part of the page called Lexica Latina, dictionary no. 2

(make please a "u" and "v" AND "j" and "i" distinction, when searching, or you will get bad results; i.e. not "maiestas" but "majestas", not "auidus" but "avidus")

So, this is probably the biggest treasure we, latinists, have so far in the realm of complete Latino-Latin dictionaries.

And this is the first known public instance of it, in which you can search for any word by typing it on your keyboard.

I sincerely hope you're going to like it and enjoy it :hat:

P.S.: Read more about the dictionaries project.

Kosmokrator

you should be rewarded because often these engines dont work. I will spread the good news.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Gratias!

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Godmy and Quasus - gentlemen, you have done some really good work. I congratulate you. I hope you will not rest on the laurel and continue your opus magnum. I hope you will take a stab at Probst's Locutionum Latinarum Thesaurus

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I have also updated the link on this page as well.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

I have also updated the link on this page as well.
Thanks, Iohannes Aurum, that's great, but could we also make this thread sticky instead of the one (of mine) called "Syntax graph generator" in this section? (It seems to be much more important...) - that Syntax thread can be unstickied, if necessary! But this is actually very important resource people want to use ... :)

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Thanks, Iohannes Aurum, that's great, but could we also make this thread sticky instead of the one (of mine) called "Syntax graph generator" in this section? (It seems to be much more important...) - that Syntax thread can be unstickied, if necessary! But this is actually very important resource people want to use ... :)
Done.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Thanks. :)

I just thought I would correct some Latin I wrote 3 years ago (grammar-wise; I'm leaving the word choice be) which I'm not really cool with right now after rereading it.
Gratias tibi ago, o Kosmokrator!
Is situs interretialis gratuite/gratis agitur et multitudo hominum valde crescit... ergo in inferiore pagina institui, ut [] quis velit parvam pecuniam mittere possit, ne in futuro "nuntia vulgativa" sive (ads) adicere debeamus.
Ad haec, quae annīs abhinc tribus scrīpsī, addam Lexica mea Latīna nunc sitū rētiālī (linguax.com), prō quō pecūnia nōn minimā quotannīs solvātur, ūtī, quisque situs jam multō melior rōbustior atque celerior sit. Quārē, prō pecūniā omnī ā hominibus ēgregiīs mihi dōnātā ex omnī pectore grātiās iīs agō! Iī sunt causa Lexicōrum Sitūs bene valentis! :hat:

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

The web is now in an existential crisis since it has grown too large users/traffic wise and also too expensive, people scarcely donate, I don't use ads... etc. So, well...

Anyway, I added 4 new dictionaries:

- an updated list can be seen here http://lexica.linguax.com
- an English-Latin critical dictionary (Smith & Hall for those who prefers the original version) http://lexica.linguax.com/smith.php
- English-Attic / English-Ancient Greek critical dictionary Yonge http://lexica.linguax.com/yonge.php
- English-Attic phraseological dictionary Fradersdorf http://lexica.linguax.com/fradersdorff
- and one much required Hungaro-Slovak dictionary nobody here probably cares about :D

And more are to come in this month (hopefully, if the website continues running).