Free yourself and regain your power

Shur

I am wondering if it’s possible to translate the sentence, Free yourself and regain your power, into Latin.
It seems to be more complicated than I thought doing this on my own and would appreciate any help as it’s for an artwork I am creating.
Someone gave me the translation, :bullshit:. But not sure if it is correct, I am bit weary of the google translator for Latin.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumnorix

Free yourself and regain your power. I think repetere could change to the imperative of recipero, regain, recover. And I think power in the way you mean it could be vis or robur. Libera te et vim tuam (or robur tuum) recipera. Or if you wanted to say, Free yourself that you may regain your power, it would be, Libera te ut vim tuam (or robur tuum) reciperes. I'm sure others will know more than I.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Fili titulus mutandus est.
(not a translation)

Shur

Free yourself and regain your power. I think repetere could change to the imperative of recipero, regain, recover. And I think power in the way you mean it could be vis or robur. Libera te et vim tuam (or robur tuum) recipera. Or if you wanted to say, Free yourself that you may regain your power, it would be, Libera te ut vim tuam (or robur tuum) reciperes. I'm sure others will know more than I.
Thank you. You definitely know more than I do. I may just put it in English, I’m not going to pretend to understand Latin the slightest and I’m quickly learning it’s a hard language to translate.

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

For the first part, why not use Seneca's Letter 1.1: vindica te tibi (declare your own freedom / set yourself free / take full possession of yourself)?

For the whole thing:

vindica te tibi reciperans potentiam tuam.

= Claim your freedom, getting your power back.

Last edited:

Shur

For the first part, why not use Seneca's Letter 1.1: vindica te tibi (declare your own freedom / set yourself free / take full possession of yourself)?

For the whole thing:

vindica te tibi reciperans potentiam tuam.

= Claim your freedom, getting your power back.
Thank you, may I ask what Seneca’s letter is? I am unfamiliar with this.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

A letter to his friend Lucilius. Seneca was a famous proponent of Stoicism.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

ninja'd :p

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The Letters are a humanistic classic. See here for an easy short introduction to what they are.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Yep, Silver Age literature. Read them all. Pretty good read afaik.