"From the olive" "From the olives" "From the olive tree"

termaximus

Good evening,

I would like to know the translation of these three sentences: "From the olive", "From the olives" and "From the olive tree".

The reason of my query is that I have been asked to create some logo proposals using the latin translation of those sentences and I don´t think I can rely on Google Translate for this.

Thank you very much in advance,

Termaximus

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

Is this about products made from olives?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

OK, thanks. As it happens, the same Latin word can mean both "olive" and "olive tree" so if you don't mind the ambiguity, ex oliva = "from the olive" or "from the olive tree" and ex olivis = "from the olives" or "from the olive trees". It is possible to remove the ambiguity by adding the words for "tree" and "fruit", but it's probably not necessary here. Let me know if I'm wrong, though.

termaximus

OK, thanks. As it happens, the same Latin word can mean both "olive" and "olive tree" so if you don't mind the ambiguity, ex oliva = "from the olive" or "from the olive tree" and ex olivis = "from the olives" or "from the olive trees". It is possible to remove the ambiguity by adding the words for "tree" and "fruit", but it's probably not necessary here. Let me know if I'm wrong, though.
Thanks a million!

I have a question, if you don´t mind me asking: If I´m ever to use "ex" before a word, what should be the declension after that "ex"? I´m thinking Ablative, but I´m not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You're welcome. Have a great day too.