Gas/benzin/petrol Prices in Your Area

Akela

sum
Staff member
I have just bought my first car a month ago and am already surprized at home many things I notice that did not exist for me before. Gas prices being one of them.

This has got to be a sore subject for most drivers around here. Let's share.

I have just moved from British Columbia (where $1.36 per litre was a very good price), passed through Edmonton, Alberta (where $1.10 was about the norm), and settled in the north of Alberta (where $1.20 is a regular *unfairly* high price, compared to the rest of the province). Darn Albertans :mrgreen:

What is the price of gas in your area?

P.S. The reason I have 3 synonyms for benzin in the thread title, is because of of my friends commented on "the Americans who think everyone should understand that "gas" is not the stuff that comes to the house in a pipe. :doh:

Nikolaos

schmikolaos
Staff member
Re: Gaz/Benzin/Petrol Prices in Your Area

$1.20 a liter? That doesn't sound ba-

*does liter-to-gallon conversion, followed by currency conversion*

$4.46 a gallon?! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

On second thought, hold the fire.

Gas is $3.15/gallon here. And that's too expensive for such a sparsely populated place as Oklahoma, where we have to drive for an hour to get to any place worth going to.

Aurifex

Aedilis
Staff member
Mm!
You should come and live in the UK. Petrol is now over £6 (i.e. $10) a gallon.

Akela

sum
Staff member
Nikolaos dixit:
Gas is $3.15/gallon here
So $0.83 per litre?
It was many, many years ago that I last saw such prices. :shock:

Aurifex dixit:
Mm!
You should come and live in the UK. Petrol is now over £6 (i.e. $10) a gallon.
For such prices, many would probably be pushing their car in front of them, kind of like a buggy.

Cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
AUD $1.50 per litre.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos
Staff member
you kids these days and your litres and your kunas and your kilometres and your petrol and your wheels back in my day we didn't even invent measurements yet but if we did we would all know that liter has -er at the end and that gas is sold by the gallon and that nobody calls it petrol because kids was a lot brighter in those days and ain't nobody gunna use those newfangled metric doohickies and...

Oh, sorry :p

Cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
My apologies, that would be fifteen marks, five shillings and sixpence per hogshead.

JaimeB

Civis Illustris
Excuse me, but could someone tell me in plain Latin how many sesterces that comes out to?

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
Interesting, JaimeB. I did not know that Romans used a petroleum derivative to fuel their vehicles.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
When I last tanked Diesel; it was like 5,22 PLN (ca. 1,22 Euro) per litre - ca. 5.25 USD per gallon.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Nevermind, I managed to google what "PLN" means :D

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Nevermind, I managed to google what "PLN" means :D
What about Sachsen ? I was last month in Chemnitz - tanked my B7 full, left about 80 Euro at the cash register.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
What about Sachsen ? I was last month in Chemnitz
Really? That's just 30km away from me.

- tanked my B7 full, left about 80 Euro at the cash register.

Prices may very up to 10-15 cents over the the course of the day. Diesel can go up to 1.35 € at the moment and Super E5 up to 1.60 € - 1.65 €
It's pretty crazy at the moment.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I did some business travel this year, I remember cheapest diesel I bought was in Luxembourg. The most expensive diesel I bought so far was in Belgium.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Taxes are probably a lot lower in Luxembourg. In Germany, you pay a fixed tax of 65.5 cents per litre and another 19% VAT for petrol/benzin (so 60-70% taxes). [for Diesel it's 47 cents per litre + 19%]