Gas/benzin/petrol Prices in Your Area

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Taxes are probably a lot lower in Luxembourg. In Germany, you pay a fixed tax of 65.5 cents per litre and another 19% VAT for petrol/benzin (so 60-70% taxes). [for Diesel it's 47 cents per litre + 19%]
Last week I tanked in the evening ca. 20:00 in Koeln (Huerth to be exact) . 1,174 Euro Diesel / l (not too bad - better than in Belgium - Antwerp 1,43 /l ).
I asked the clerk about price diversity - he confirmd, apparently it is not the best option to tank on Shell in germany in the evening ( Nachmittag Tarif); he said best option is to tank 7:00-11:00.

From my experience - in germany it is best to tank away from Autobahn, best on Autohof or city next to Autobahn Ausfahrt.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Well, unless you're in a real hurry (or have someone else pay for your petrol), you are definitely better off away from the Autobahn. An Autohof will probably still charge you more than a regular station.

I'm not sure about the difference between Germany and Belgium.

As far as Germany is concerned, you actually get the best prices (on average) in the evening.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
An Autohof will probably still charge you more than a regular station.
As far as Germany is concerned, you actually get the best prices (on average) in the evening.
I assume you are talking about municipal Aral Tankstellen (I did hear they have reasonable prices compared to Total or Shell )

Now I know why people in Kuwait buy sport cars, Jeeps, Land Rovers and american heavy cruisers - 0,35 cent /l - thats less than european average on CNG...
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
No autobahns to avoid up here. I'd say the average for diesel is 1.34, but I go to a place where I get it for 1.289.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
No autobahns to avoid up here. I'd say the average for diesel is 1.34, but I go to a place where I get it for 1.289.
My colleague works in transportation company - employes can tank on company tank station (they import diesel from Lithuania) - Damn, he pays 0,91 Euro / litre (cheaper than in Luxembourg).
Also there are industrial tankstations (one needs to have IDS, UTA, AS24 card) - the prices are lower than on regular tankstations.
When I briefly lived and worked in Denmark - my boss gave me his UNO-X / Truck XY card - in a country where everything was expensive, the price of 1 l diesel on such stations was relatively low (lower than in germany)

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
1.66 € for 1l Super95 at the Autobahn ... can't wait for the carbon tax to kick in!

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
We're up a couple of cents because of the carbon tax. Best deal for diesel I can get is €1.31.9.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Looks like the sky is the limit.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Yesterday I tanked Diesel for about 4,18 PLN / L (ca. 0,93 Euro / L).

Last edited:

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Does anyone know why the abbreviation for the Polish złoty* is PLN? Specifically the N part, obviously.

*[intended footnote deleted before posting]

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Does anyone know why the abbreviation for the Polish złoty* is PLN? Specifically the N part, obviously.

*[intended footnote deleted before posting]
PLN follows ISO currency codes USD, GBP, CHF
PLN = Poland, Nowy Złoty
N = Nowy (New) - there was a monetary reform in Poland in 1995 - old Złoty was replaced by new Złoty

Last edited:

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I tanked today on Orlen, diesel is 4,19 PLN / litre (ca 0,94 Euro/L);