Grammatically Correct Vs. Aesthetics

Shepherd84

Good afternoon, may I first say thank you for taking the time to read/respond to my posting.

I would like to enquire about a well know phrase: Per Angusta Ad Augusta.

My Queries are dual in purpose, one in trying to be as reasonably accurate to the Latin language as possible, and secondly to enfuse a small degree of artistic license - as (I’m sure you’ve heard it all before) I would like to get this as a tattoo. While poignant for me, it also has beautiful symmetry, which I was hoping to amend slightly to personalize the message.

So by using a historically correct font (one of which I could not simulate here), and changing the u’s to v’s, and missing the cross bar on the capital A, would this make sense?

PER ΛNGVSTΛ AD ΛVGVSTΛ

The Λ &V looks aesthetically better, while I would hope it would not be unreadable to true Latin speakers in those days of old.

My final question, which I truly hope will not offend any of the traditionalists, would be if we could take it a step further, and create a terser version, such as:

ΛNGVSTΛ ΛVGVSTΛ

Which I can only presume would mean ‘Difficulties – Triumph’. While I fear this may be going too far, again, I would enquire as to whether this would be understandable by yourselves, and/or someone who spoke Latin back then?
As a Latin speaker, and taking into account the aesthetic, which do you prefer?
Truly thankful for your work, and I will await your thoughts,

Sincerely,

Shepherd

Abbatiſſæ Scriptor

Senex

• Civis Illustris

This ſame phrase came up very recently here.
As to the uſe of 'Λ' for 'A': This only appears in certain Littera Ruſtica styles of bookhand from late Imperial times. It is never appropriate for Roman monumental lettering.
Without the prepoſitions there would be no intelligible relationship between the two nouns.